CONTACT SOUND INSULATION
Acoustic Foam® 5-25 rolls are an ideal contact sound insulation between carrying and floating floors.
Acoustic Foam® 5-25:
- Excellent contact sound reduction
- Water resistant thanks to the closed cell structure
- Chemically inert
- Fire resistant on request (B2)
- Resistant to most chemicals
- HCFC free
- The top layer is being installed in between the carrying and floating floor on top of the contact sound insulation 'ACOUSTICFoam® 5 -25'.
- This extruded polyethylene foam is 5 mm thick with a 25 kg/m³ density and is sold in rolls of 1,25 m x 100 m.
- The product is placed with an overlap of 100 mm.
- Contact sound insulation must be installed carefully so that every acoustic bridge is avoided, e.g. in case of vertical fittings (electricity, sanitary, .), door openings or edges.
- The material doesn't absorb humidity, is resistant to moisture and is chemically inert.
- Edge strips are manufactured in the same material and placed in between the top layer and the wall but they rise 20 mm above the final flooring.