The complex is made of two 3 mm layers of extruded polyethylene in 35 kg density. Grey to the bottom and white to the top. The top layer is laminated to a layer of HDPE which carries the trade mark ACOUSTICREFLEX®. Using the 100 mm overlap on the top sheet it is overlaid (shingled) in use, eliminating cold spots. Thus it is in total minimum 6 mm and max. 9 mm on the overlap. The material is inert and moisture free, has a high resistance to chemicals and acts as a vapour barrier.
(In connection with betopor class 1a)
- The floating planking which should correspond to the technical specification WTCB 189 and 193, is placed on top of the ACOUSTICREFLEX® noting that the final acoustic performance is determined by the quality of the installation.
- The acoustic layer must incorporate a 100 mm overlap and placed with care to avoid acoustic bridges and particularly with spaces round vertical pipes, doors openings and corners etc.
- It is advisable to install vertical flanking insulation between the flooring, walls and vertical transitions and the minimum should be at least 20 mm above the final floor level.
- Once the floor covering is poured out and the planking installed, the superfluous insulation can be trimmed off and the skirting/moldings can be finished incorporating an elastic joint.
- Contact sound improvement: > Category 1A NBN S 01-400 in combination with insulating EPS filled mortar 'BETOPOR' in 50 mm thickness with a contact sound improvement rate of 23 dB.
- WTCB-report: > DE 631 x 964 AC3361
- Thickness: > 2 x 3 mm (6 mm)
- Density: > 35 kg/m3
- Dimensions: > 1.25/60 Lm + overlap 100 mm
- Colour: > Grey (bottom layer) + white (top layer)
- Structure: > Flat
- ?-value: > 0,0381 W/m/°K
- Water absorption: > 4,1 %
- Compression: > 50 % at 0,085 MPa
- Dynamic stiffness: > 42 Mn/m3
- Chemically inert
- Resistant to most chemicals