CONTACT SOUND INSULATION
Acoustic Foam® 5-35 rolls are an ideal contact sound insulation between carrying and floating floors.
Acoustic Foam® 5-35:
- Excellent contact sound reduction
- Water resistant thanks to the closed cell structure
- Chemically inert
- Fire resistant on request (B2)
- Resistant to most chemicals
- HCFC free
- The top layer is being installed in between the carrying and floating floor on top of the contact sound insulation 'ACOUSTICFoam® 5 -35'.
- This extruded polyethylene foam is 5 mm thick with a 35 kg/m³ density and is sold in rolls of 1,25 m x 100 m.
- The product is placed with an overlap of 100 mm.
- Contact sound insulation must be installed carefully so that every acoustic bridge is avoided, e.g. in case of vertical fittings (electricity, sanitary, .), door openings or edges. It is recommended to use water vapour resistant tape to avoid any acoustic bridges.
- The material doesn't absorb humidity, is resistant to moisture and is chemically inert.
- Edge strips are manufactured in the same material and placed in between the top layer and the wall but they rise 20 mm above the final flooring.